CPU Spiking after Recovery/Maintenance Mode

Last week, our cluster "162b24" had an issue where the hardware degraded on the machine and we needed it to be recovered to a snapshot. The conversation is here.

Since then, the machine has worked properly and then randomly spiked to 100% CPU every 3 days. I need to manually restart the cluster and it works again for a few days.

Nothing has changed on our end since except we cleaned out a bunch of .watch_history-* indexes as recommended.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi @rthomps7,

On the surface, I'd expect to see CPU spikes based on the increased request rates:

Is the spike in CPU use here correlate around what you're seeing?

Regards,
Erik

Erik,

That certainly seems related. I'm not sure what would be causing it since I don't know what could be spiking on our end.

In the second chart, "Request by Action", what could "other" entail? Maybe that will help isolate where the requests are coming from.

1 Like

@erikthered - Could you take another look at this? I'm not seeing request spikes on the graphs on my side and the CPU spikes are still happening frequently.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.