Create keyword string type with custom analyzer in 5.3.0

I have a string I'd like to index as keyword type but with a special comma analyzer:
For example:

"San Francisco, Boston, New York"

should be both indexed and aggregatable at the same time so that I can split it up by buckets. In pre 5.0.0 the following worked:
Index settings:

{
         'settings': {
             'analysis': {
                 'tokenizer': {
                     'comma': {
                         'type': 'pattern',
                         'pattern': ','
                     }
                 },
                 'analyzer': {
                     'comma': {
                         'type': 'custom',
                         'tokenizer': 'comma'
                     }
                 }
             },
         },
 }

with the following mapping:

{
        'city': {
            'type': 'string',
            'analyzer': 'comma'
        },
}

Now in 5.3.0 and above the analyzer is no longer a valid property for the keyword type, and my undestanding is that I want a keyword here. How do I specify an aggregatable, indexed, searchable text type with custom analyser?

if you specify an analyzer that produces more than one token you have to use text type since it's not a keyword. if you wanna use a normalizer you can use a keyword type but then you need to split your tokens in the client and send a list ("San Francisco, Boston, New York" -> ["San Francisco", "Boston", "New York"]) Since keywords don't allow tokenization. If you use text as a type you can't use docvalues anymore and for aggregations all terms will be loaded into memory.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.