Create visualization (table with latest deploys for each environment)

Hi,

I'm trying to create a table with this 5 "simple" fields
service_name | current_version_stage | date_deployed_stage | current_version_prod | date_deployed_prod

The idea is only show one row by service_name (so don't repeat service_names) and the lastest information for each environment but in the same row if its possible.

In each deploy I'm inserting this information. This is one of my documents

{
  "_index": "deploys",
  "_type": "type",
  "_id": "a37d38066402276c153b823ee0ef8687",
  "_version": 1,
  "_score": null,
  "_source": {
"app_name": "svc-contacts",
"language": "java",
"deployed_by": "Tom Becker",
"environment": "production",
"pipeline_status": "0",
"version": "1.1.2-SNAPSHOT",
"date": "2020-02-20T13:52:12"
  },
  "fields": {
"date": [
  "2020-02-20T13:52:12.000Z"
]
  },
  "sort": [
  ]
}

It's possible? how I can achieve it? I was trying with "Top hit" but I can't.

I need some help

Thank you very much

The way to query Elasticsearch for these aggregations provides data for us in a hierarchical manner, where top-level groups have data organized under them that is all relevant to that group. Kibana takes the hierarchy and arranges it into a table. We can summarize the data for us the way that's required, but it comes back with environments as the top level of the data hierarchies, and Kibana will render it in a likewise manner.

I would start by defining the buckets for environment types. That's under Buckets > Add > Split Rows. Choose "terms" as the aggregation type, and choose "environment" as the field to split by.

Then you can add a column for service name, by going up to Metrics > Add > Metric. Choose "Top Hit" as the aggregation type, and choose additional columns as needed for version and app name. You can delete the "Metric: Count" column that is included by default if you wish.

The result would look something like this:

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.