Creating a user in kibana after a user is authorized by ldap

Hello there.

I want to be able to see the usernames on kibana Management/security tab when a user logged in. Is that possible with any configuration.

Lets say an ldap user logged in to kibana for the first time with username "abcxyz", is it possible for me to see the "abcxyz" on management/security tab so I can manage the user roles from there like I do for native users?

Hi

I'm afraid this isn't possible at the moment. However I have pinged @TimV with your question. He will be answering your q more comprehensively, it when he gets to it.

Thanks
Rashmi

1 Like

Hi @hfakar

You can use the auditing features of Elasticsearch X-Pack to track when users log in, but I do not believe there is a builtin feature in Kibana to view those logs.
If you write your audit to an ES index, then you can create a Kibana dashboard on top of the login events, which would give you something like what you want, but you'd need to do that yourself.

It is not currently possible to manage the roles for an LDAP user from within Kibana. Role management for LDAP users is quite different than with the native users that are currently exposed in Kibana.

We hope to provide a UI for mapping LDAP users to roles at some point in the future, but it's not there now.

1 Like

Thank you for satısfying answers. I guess we are gonna have to wait for the automation. With your answer our team realized that they are going to have to hardcode at least a houndred usernames to roles because LDAP groups doesnt solve our problem. I guess weare going to have to wait a little bit longer.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.