Creating line chart using datetime values

(Surya) #1

Hi All,

I am new to ELK stack and need help with creating linechart using time values.

I have 3 time fields in a my document and want to plot a line chart using these values.
Example I have below fields and values

1. Time when system was locked for batch processing (10-jan-2018 8pm)(field name - lockouttime)
  2. Time when system was released post completion of batch processes for business use (11-jan-2018 3 am) (field name - unlocktime)
  3. SLA time by when the system should be available (11-Jan-2018 6AM) (filed name - SLAtime)
  4. Batch process date (10-Jan-2018) (field name - batchprocessdate)

Similarly I have data for last 7 days and want to create line chart against "batchprocessdate" on daily bases using above fields. Is there a way that I can plot a line chart?

Your help is very much appreciated. Please let me know if you need any further details.

(CJ Cenizal) #2

Hi Surya, from your description it sounds like you want a Date Histogram using batchprocessdate as the field. This will bucket documents along the X axis into periods of time based upon the batchprocessdate field. But I'm confused about what you want on the Y axis. How do you want the other time fields to come into play?

Thanks,
CJ

(Surya) #3

Hi CJ,

Thanks for your reply.
What I am looking is - on y-axis I am expecting to see 24hr time range... and on x-axis batchprocessdate value on a daily basis. And as I keep adding data to my elasticsearch documents it should plot a line graph for SLAtime, lockouttime and unlocktime fileds.

Let me know if you need any further details.

(Surya) #4

Can someone please help with any possible suggestions, if any plugins available to do the same etc?

(system) #5

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.