Creating links to visulization items on a dashboard

Hi guys,

I need some help with creating links to visualization items on a dashboard. For example, I have a dashboard with more than 30 charts, and it is quite hard to go through them to find what we want to look. I would like to create an outline on top of the dashboard with links to each of the charts on the dashboards, which brings me to the part of the page that contains a specific chart. Having this kind of linking mechanism would be so helpful. Also, I would like to be able to go to a specific visualization on a dashboad from a link located on a different dashboard. How can we do this?

Thanks,
Andy

hi Andy

Probably a good bet would be to use Mark-Down widget. This widget is a text entry field that accepts GitHub-flavored Markdown text. Kibana renders the text you enter in this field and displays the results on the dashboard. You can read more about it here:
https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/kibana/current/markdown-widget.html

Also to open a specific visualization from a link located on different dashboard- we currently do not support this as yet. But There is an outstanding PR for the same request.

I recommend that you subscribe to the PR to get more updates on it.

Thanks
Rashmi

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.