Cross Cluster Search on Kubernetes problem

Hi all,

looking into the forum I was not able to find any similar case so here is my issue:
I have 2 ELK stacks, each running on 2 different Kubernetes clusters.
My goal is to to enable Cross Cluster Search between the clusters but one problem appeared in which I am struggling to find a solution.

For Cross Cluster Search to work, it is my understanding that we set network.publish_host on each cluster, so that other clusters can communicated between themselves when using the Cross Cluster Search API to set the seed nodes.

The problem is that in under a Kubernetes environment, this would be done by setting the network.publish_host to a Kubernetes Service that exposes ports 9200 & 9300 externally.

network.host: 0.0.0.0
network.publish_host: elasticsearch_kube_service

The problem with this approach is we would only be allowed to have 1 coordinator node as internally more than one coordinator node would point to the same publish_host, not allowing the extra coordinators node to join the cluster.

Is that something that anyone went through ? Maybe I am missing something from the overall picture.
I wonder if network.publish_host is not needed at all and there is another approach to making them discoverable.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.