Curator APT repository error

Since last week I'm getting the following error from "apt-get update" from the Curator repository:

W: Failed to fetch http://packages.elastic.co/curator/5/debian/dists/stable/InRelease Unable to find expected entry 'main/binary-i386/Packages' in Release file (Wrong sources.list entry or malformed file)

I just updated the URL from Curator 4 to 5 and it did not fix it. The v4 repository worked until a week or two agao.

Looks like you stopped providing i386 packages?

That is correct. We had an unfortunate event happen with our package release box (which was hosted on Amazon AWS), and it went away. I was forced to re-create the repository.

Since Curator 4.2, the DEB packages are frozen binary packages built from 64bit Python 3.5.2 or 3.6.1:

user@host:/opt/elasticsearch-curator$ file curator
curator: ELF 64-bit LSB executable, x86-64, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked, interpreter /lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2, for GNU/Linux 2.6.24, BuildID[sha1]=7787034e6f9883bdec09e5ccb26fbc1a372f8390, stripped

While I could have kept the older, pre-4.2, python-elasticsearch-curator (and associated) packages (which were python, and therefore architecture independent), all of the new builds were compiled, and 64bit only, so that's all I pushed.

So, if you were still using Curator 4.1.2, it was installed via apt install python-elasticsearch-curator. Now it's installed via apt install elasticsearch-curator, and the packages conflict with one another. I'm pretty sure 4.1.2 was the last version like that. Everything since then is 64bit.

OK, thanks for your reply. It looks like I've actually installed 4.2.6 using PIP and not used the repository at all. I don't remember why I would have done that.

I have pretty basic needs for Curator, so can I safely keep using 4.2.6 with Elasticsearch 5.3?

Sure, if it's meeting your needs. If you've already done that, however, there's no reason not to upgrade (via pip) to Curator 5.0.1:

pip install -U elasticsearch-curator==5.0.1

That works too. Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.