Curator APT repository error

(Hamish M) #1

Since last week I'm getting the following error from "apt-get update" from the Curator repository:

W: Failed to fetch http://packages.elastic.co/curator/5/debian/dists/stable/InRelease Unable to find expected entry 'main/binary-i386/Packages' in Release file (Wrong sources.list entry or malformed file)

I just updated the URL from Curator 4 to 5 and it did not fix it. The v4 repository worked until a week or two agao.

Looks like you stopped providing i386 packages?

(Aaron Mildenstein) #2

That is correct. We had an unfortunate event happen with our package release box (which was hosted on Amazon AWS), and it went away. I was forced to re-create the repository.

Since Curator 4.2, the DEB packages are frozen binary packages built from 64bit Python 3.5.2 or 3.6.1:

user@host:/opt/elasticsearch-curator$ file curator
curator: ELF 64-bit LSB executable, x86-64, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked, interpreter /lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2, for GNU/Linux 2.6.24, BuildID[sha1]=7787034e6f9883bdec09e5ccb26fbc1a372f8390, stripped

While I could have kept the older, pre-4.2, python-elasticsearch-curator (and associated) packages (which were python, and therefore architecture independent), all of the new builds were compiled, and 64bit only, so that's all I pushed.

(Aaron Mildenstein) #3

So, if you were still using Curator 4.1.2, it was installed via apt install python-elasticsearch-curator. Now it's installed via apt install elasticsearch-curator, and the packages conflict with one another. I'm pretty sure 4.1.2 was the last version like that. Everything since then is 64bit.

(Hamish M) #4

OK, thanks for your reply. It looks like I've actually installed 4.2.6 using PIP and not used the repository at all. I don't remember why I would have done that.

I have pretty basic needs for Curator, so can I safely keep using 4.2.6 with Elasticsearch 5.3?

(Aaron Mildenstein) #5

Sure, if it's meeting your needs. If you've already done that, however, there's no reason not to upgrade (via pip) to Curator 5.0.1:

pip install -U elasticsearch-curator==5.0.1

(Hamish M) #6

That works too. Thanks.

(system) #7

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.