Curator stopped working after 7.14.0 upgrade (KeyError: indices)

After upgrading Elasticsearch from 7.10 to 7.14, Curator 5.4.8 has stopped working: simple delete jobs, create alias jobs, etc. that previously worked fine are now throwing this error:

2021-09-29 15:12:25,343 DEBUG          curator.indexlist     iterate_over_stats:124  Index: redacted-x-2021.09.13  Size: xxxx  Docs: xx
2021-09-29 15:12:25,343 DEBUG          curator.indexlist     iterate_over_stats:124  Index: redacted-other-2021.07.23  Size: xxxx  Docs: xx
2021-09-29 15:12:26,134 ERROR                curator.cli                    run:213  Failed to complete action: delete_indices.  <class 'KeyError'>: 'indices'

Failed to complete action: delete_indices.  <class 'KeyError'       >: 'indices'

The jobs have 2 filters: regex pattern and age (older+) and it had been working for a year or two.

It seems that the last line before the error is (around) here:

I had to download the source and wrap the part in question in a try-catch (except) block and it's working this way.

I'm doing further investigation and leaving this topic open until I fully understand what was the root cause.

How were you installing Curator before downloading source to test this?

The error is there with a freshly git cloned Curator too. It seems that the action is irrelevant since it dies sooner.

In indexlist.py, around L125 the stats var is an empty dictionary. Two times out of the 1906 indices I have. :slight_smile:
def iterate_over_stats(stats):

Edit: I'm not a black belt Python developer, so I'm not sure where 'stats' come from in that subroutine.

This sounds like 2 of your indices do not have the requisite data, or access to that data is possibly blocked by policy or permission.

What two indices are they?

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.