Custom filter plugin creation error: logstash

Hi

I need to create a custom filter plugin in logstash to create new ruby events...

bundle install was success but while running bundle exec rspec, I get the following errors

you might need to reinstall the gem which depends on the missing jar or in case there is Jars.lock then resolve the jars with lock_jars command

no such file to load -- org/apache/logging/log4j/log4j-core/2.6.2/log4j-core-2.6.2 (LoadError)
do_require at /usr/local/rvm/gems/jruby-1.7.25/gems/jar-dependencies-0.3.11/lib/jar_dependencies.rb:348
require_jar at /usr/local/rvm/gems/jruby-1.7.25/gems/jar-dependencies-0.3.11/lib/jar_dependencies.rb:255
require_jar_with_block at /usr/local/rvm/gems/jruby-1.7.25/gems/jar-dependencies-0.3.11/lib/jar_dependencies.rb:0
require_jar at /usr/local/rvm/gems/jruby-1.7.25/gems/jar-dependencies-0.3.11/lib/jar_dependencies.rb:254
require_jar at /usr/local/rvm/gems/jruby-1.7.25/gems/jar-dependencies-0.3.11/lib/jar_dependencies.rb:357
(root) at /usr/local/rvm/gems/jruby-1.7.25/gems/logstash-core-5.2.1-java/lib/logstash-core_jars.rb:13
require at org/jruby/RubyKernel.java:1040
(root) at /usr/local/rvm/gems/jruby-1.7.25/gems/logstash-core-5.2.1-java/lib/logstash-core/logstash-core.rb:1
(root) at /usr/local/rvm/gems/jruby-1.7.25/gems/logstash-core-5.2.1-java/lib/logstash-core/logstash-core.rb:8
(root) at /usr/local/rvm/gems/jruby-1.7.25/gems/logstash-core-5.2.1-java/lib/logstash-core.rb:1
(root) at /usr/local/rvm/gems/jruby-1.7.25/gems/logstash-core-5.2.1-java/lib/logstash-core.rb:1
(root) at /usr/local/rvm/gems/jruby-1.7.25/gems/logstash-devutils-1.3.1-java/lib/logstash/devutils/rspec/spec_helper.rb:1
load at org/jruby/RubyKernel.java:1059
(root) at /usr/local/rvm/gems/jruby-1.7.25/gems/logstash-devutils-1.3.1-java/lib/logstash/devutils/rspec/spec_helper.rb:15
each at org/jruby/RubyArray.java:1613
(root) at /logstash-filter-example/spec/spec_helper.rb:1
(root) at /logstash-filter-example/spec/spec_helper.rb:2
(root) at /logstash-filter-example/spec/filters/example_spec.rb:1
(root) at /logstash-filter-example/spec/filters/example_spec.rb:2
(root) at /usr/local/rvm/gems/jruby-1.7.25/gems/rspec-core-3.5.4/lib/rspec/core/configuration.rb:1
load_spec_files at /usr/local/rvm/gems/jruby-1.7.25/gems/rspec-core-3.5.4/lib/rspec/core/configuration.rb:1435
load at org/jruby/RubyKernel.java:1059
load_spec_files at /usr/local/rvm/gems/jruby-1.7.25/gems/rspec-core-3.5.4/lib/rspec/core/configuration.rb:1433
eval at org/jruby/RubyKernel.java:1079
(root) at /usr/local/rvm/gems/jruby-1.7.25/bin/jruby_executable_hooks:15

And doing lock_jars , I get the following error

[ERROR] [ERROR] Some problems were encountered while processing the POMs:
[FATAL] Non-parseable POM /usr/local/rvm/gems/jruby-1.7.25/gems/jar-dependencies-0.3.11/lib/jars/lock_down_pom.rb: only whitespace content allowed before start tag and not # (position: START_DOCUMENT seen #... @1:1) @ line 1, column 1
@
[ERROR] The build could not read 1 project -> [Help 1]
[ERROR]
[ERROR] The project (/usr/local/rvm/gems/jruby-1.7.25/gems/jar-dependencies-0.3.11/lib/jars/lock_down_pom.rb) has 1 error
[ERROR] Non-parseable POM /usr/local/rvm/gems/jruby-1.7.25/gems/jar-dependencies-0.3.11/lib/jars/lock_down_pom.rb: only whitespace content allowed before start tag and not # (position: START_DOCUMENT seen #... @1:1) @ line 1, column 1 -> [Help 2]
[ERROR]
[ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e switch.
[ERROR] Re-run Maven using the -X switch to enable full debug logging.
[ERROR]
[ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the following articles:
[ERROR] [Help 1] ProjectBuildingException - Apache Maven - Apache Software Foundation
[ERROR] [Help 2] ModelParseException - Apache Maven - Apache Software Foundation

Is there any other dependency to install logstash filter plugin

My jruby version

jruby 1.7.25 (1.9.3p551) 2016-04-13 867cb81 on Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM 1.8.0_111-b14 +jit [linux-amd64]

I am using centos 7

Any help would be appreciated

Hello,
I presume you did use our plugin generator or the example repo to bootstrap your plugin?
From the error, I believe the spec_helper in your project is missing a require.

Can you check if the first line in your spec_helper is this line? If its not can you add it?

require "logstash/devutils/rspec/spec_helper"

Thanks

Thanks

And I got the solution by installing maven and install JARS_DEPENDENCY gem by using JARS_DEBUG=true