I want to set “_id” value in Elasticsearch document as my custom document id,
using this from kibana?
POST example/_doc
{
"_id":123,
"firstName":"Sera",
"lastName":"Zuck"
}
for this what i need to do ? should i have to modify the source code or should i have to include something else in connector?

my elastic-connector-config file is this:

{
 "name": "elastic-sink-connector",
  "config": {
    "connector.class": "io.confluent.connect.elasticsearch.ElasticsearchSinkCon>
    "tasks.max": "1",
    "topics": "test_topic",
    "connection.url": "http://localhost:9200",
    "key.ignore": "false",
    "schema.ignore": "true",
    "type.name": "_doc",
    "key.converter": "org.apache.kafka.connect.json.JsonConverter",
    "key.converter.schemas.enable": "false",
    "value.converter": "org.apache.kafka.connect.json.JsonConverter",
    "value.converter.schemas.enable": "false"
  }
}

PS: i dont want the _id feild to be autogenerated, i want to pass it as request. I am working with confluent 7.6.0, elasticSearch 8.12.2 , kibana 8.12.2

Welcome!

It should be something like:

PUT example/_doc/123
{
  "firstName":"Sera",
  "lastName":"Zuck"
}

Hi @dadoonet
Thank you for your response.
I wanted to seek clarification regarding the use of /_doc/something. Our current connector seems to require a different format, and I want to make sure I'm not missing any crucial details.
Could you please provide additional information or guide me on the preferred format for our connector?

I don't know as this is not made by us.
I guess you always could use in the worse case an ingest pipeline to modify your documents on the fly.

You don't need to modify the source code or add anything extra to the connector. Just ensure your Kafka message key contains the custom _id you want for your Elasticsearch document. The connector configuration you provided is already set up to use the Kafka message key as the Elasticsearch document _id with "key.ignore": "false" . Make sure your Kafka messages are produced with the correct key that represents your custom _id .

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.