Custom Realm: read properties from customRealm.yml

Basic difference between the CustomRealmPlugin in 2.x to CustomRealmExtension in 5.x is that now an instance needs to be provided instead of a class ref. previously realms were able to inject its own configurations by reading some yml file. but with 5.x restructuring i am unable to figure out how to read custom properties into a realm. These properties will be in a custom yml file in installed dir.

Also need to figure out whats the best way to get install dir so that i can load my properties via the realm.

any sample code would be of great help. i was reading https://github.com/elastic/shield-custom-realm-example, but it does not have that example.

Each realm is provided a RealmConfig which provides the Enviornment. From the environment you can resolve the configDir and then read your file from there.

And now i am getting this error.

java.security.AccessControlException: access denied ("java.io.FilePermission" ".\src\test\resources\abc.jks" "read")
at java.security.AccessControlContext.checkPermission(AccessControlContext.java:472)
at java.security.AccessController.checkPermission(AccessController.java:884)

I am just running my plugin via junits.. So i am not sure where to place my plugin-security.policy file or should it be a different file.

I saw this thread.

it says about updating custom realm example to add some permissions, and updating documents as well.

Can you share where it is updated.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.