Custom table color

Kibana version : 7.9

Elasticsearch version : 7.9

APM Server version : 7.9

APM Agent language and version : java 1.8

Fresh install or upgraded from other version? fresh install

Is there anything special in your setup? For example, are you using the Logstash or Kafka outputs? Are you using a load balancer in front of the APM Servers? Have you changed index pattern, generated custom templates, changed agent configuration etc. :-no

I wanted to give red color to my table entries based on certain specific values.
Do we need to create a custom kibana plugin for this ? Or are there any css changes hacks that we can do to achieve this. I was going through the plugin documentation and I am not good at web development

Can anyone guide me on how to achieve this ?

Hi

You can use the index pattern management to assign a background and text color to a certain field

In Discover it would look like this:

1 Like

Is that sufficient for your requirements? currently you can't color the whole row

Best,
Matthias

I was able to make the changes on the table as per your suggestion.
So as per this we don't need a plugin. But do you think we can make the entire row a different color by custom plugin?

Also how can we change the fonts?

For changing a row and font, you'd have to create a custom plugin . btw because you asked and then edited, you can't format scripted fields, only way to color them is to return Emojis:

I had the option to edit the scripted field and was able to do the color change like the same way you suggested above.

Any insights for the plugin? Any link to follow ?

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.