Data Replication

I have a three node cluster as master and data nodes. I need help in uderstanding the below situation.

A repo is created when node 1 is running and node2,3 are shutdown. What happens when node2/node 3 becomes active and node 1 goes down? Will the data is available on node3 which is created when node 1 is in active state?

A repo is created when node 1 is running and node2,3 are shutdown

Did you mean repository or index?

Yes..it's repository in bitbucket

I don't think I understood the question then.
Could you clarify?

For example, what command do you use to create the repository?

We have configured elastic search with bitbucket and created repository in bitbucket. We are running some testcases like node 1 is up node 2,3 are down created a repository in bitbucket. Tried searching for a keyword created in repository it works but when we bring down node 1 and bring up node 2/3 it doesn't search the same keyword??so just want to know why it didn't able to fetch the results. As per my understanding node 1 should replicate data on to node2/3. So search should work

Do you mean a snapshot repository?

I think you meant index. But I don't understand what is the link with bitbucket.

Are you really speaking about Elasticsearch?

what command do you use to create the repository?

Elasticsearch is designed to run in a cluster where a majority of nodes are available at any point in time and each node has access to its own dedicated storage. Running multiple nodes which shares data on a shared file system is not supported. I also do not believe using bitbucket for storage is supported.

we are trying to fetch data which was created when node 1 is active and results are not same on node2/3 when node1 is down.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.