Datadog_metrics output plugin: Is it possible to send metrics of type "distribution"?

Hi there,

We've been using Logstash to parse nginx logs and send request timing to CloudWatch, and we'd like to start using Datadog as our metric destination. The most useful metric type for this sort of data is "distribution", which is still in beta, and I don't see it listed in the datadog_metrics documentation—it only mentions "counter" and "gauge".

Is it possible to send metrics from this output plugin as "distribution" type? We haven't tried it yet, but I figured I'd ask. I've included a link to Datadog's documentation on this metric type.

Thanks!

You will not be able to set it the metric_type to distribution using an option, but you might be able to do so by adding a [metric_type] field to the event and leaving the metric_type option to its default value of "%{metric_type}". You would have to try it and see if it works.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.