Default ingest pipeline for index?

Hi there,

about a year ago there was a topic raised in this forum for getting a default ingest pipeline option as described here:

Does someone has any news on this or any alternative?

Background on this question is, to create a time stamp (as it was deprecated in V2 and later removed) without having the option to modify REST calls for inserts. Why one would need this? The application can create/use a date field, but there are transport elements in between which can not be controlled, therefore one wants to know, when the actual application event reaches the elasticsearch node to calculate the delay and statistical distributions.

Thank you.

You can do this using a named pipeline. An example of how this can be done is available here.

Hi, thanks for the link. If I understand this right I need to modify the REST call for the named pipeline (this version I tested already earlier and it works):

http://Elasticsearchnode:9200/../?pipeline=add_timestamp

But I have no access to the application code or the application system. Was this understanding right or did I overlook something here?

That is correct. The REST call need to be modified in order to make use of the pipeline.

Do you have an option which could work without this modification? I guess this was the reason the request for the default pipeline was raised.

No, I do not think that is possible.

Thank you very much.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.