Deploying elastic stack across environments

Hello,

I am using Elastic Stack (ES, Kibana, LogStash, FileBeat) and am wondering what the best way would be to set up different environments and deploy across those.
Let's say I have the usual dev / stage / prod environments. I develop in dev, once things look good, I want to move them to stage and then to live. What is the best way to do this?

I guess as far as FileBeats and LogStash is concerned, everything is located in config files, so no issue there.

Kibana, I can probably just go to the Management section, export all objects into a JSON file, then import them into the next stage. So far so good. There are manual steps, but only very few.

But how do I move ElasticSearch indexes through the deployment pipeline? I am mostly talking about structure here, not data. But still, what will happen to existing data? And is there anything else besides indexes that needs to be moved as well?

Thank you in advance!

If you want to move templates, you'd usually have these version controlled elsewhere, so it's a matter of just pushing that into the new environment.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.