Deploying elasticsearch 7.4.0 with helm crashlooping on k8s

Hi,

I've added the elastic helm repo with:
helm install Elasticsearch elastic/Elasticsearch

And are trying to install Elasticsearch 7.4.0 single node installation with arguments:

helm install elasticsearch elastic/elasticsearch \
     --set imageTag=7.4.0 \
     --set replicas=1 \
     --set clusterName=es-cluster\
     --set minimumMasterNodes=1

But I am getting startup exception:
Info

2022-04-07T13:28:57.686249194Z

"stacktrace": ["org.Elasticsearch.bootstrap.StartupException: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: unknown setting [node.remote_cluster_client] please check that any required plugins are installed, or check the breaking changes documentation for removed settings"

How do I proceed for creating a dev cluster with 1 node?

Cheers

Elasticsearch 7.4 is EOL and no longer supported. Please upgrade ASAP.

(This is an automated response from your friendly Elastic bot. Please report this post if you have any suggestions or concerns :elasticheart: )

Hey,

did you see that part of the docs:

We recommend that the Helm chart version is aligned to the version of the product you want to deploy. This will ensure that you are using a chart version that has been tested against the corresponding production version. This will also ensure that the documentation and examples for the chart will work with the version of the product, you are installing.
For example, if you want to deploy an Elasticsearch 7.7.1 cluster, use the corresponding 7.7.1 tag.

I suppose that there is a configuration for the node roles at play that did not exist with that version...

I read that, so adding

helm repo add elastic https://helm.elastic.co

Will not suffice? How to add tag?

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.