Deprecation logs

I'm trying to make sure my template is on the level right now, and I'm running into some warnings in the deprecation logs:

[2017-06-14T15:23:30,063][WARN ][o.e.d.i.m.StringFieldMapper$TypeParser] The [string] field is deprecated, please use [text] or [keyword] instead on [timeFieldName]
[2017-06-14T15:23:30,063][WARN ][o.e.d.i.m.StringFieldMapper$TypeParser] The [string] field is deprecated, please use [text] or [keyword] instead on [intervalName]
[2017-06-14T15:23:30,064][WARN ][o.e.d.i.m.StringFieldMapper$TypeParser] The [string] field is deprecated, please use [text] or [keyword] instead on [fields]
[2017-06-14T15:23:30,064][WARN ][o.e.d.i.m.StringFieldMapper$TypeParser] The [string] field is deprecated, please use [text] or [keyword] instead on [sourceFilters]
[2017-06-14T15:23:30,064][WARN ][o.e.d.i.m.StringFieldMapper$TypeParser] The [string] field is deprecated, please use [text] or [keyword] instead on [fieldFormatMap]
[2017-06-14T15:23:30,066][WARN ][o.e.d.i.m.StringFieldMapper$TypeParser] The [string] field is deprecated, please use [text] or [keyword] instead on [title]
[2017-06-14T15:23:30,066][WARN ][o.e.d.i.m.StringFieldMapper$TypeParser] The [string] field is deprecated, please use [text] or [keyword] instead on [timeFieldName]
[2017-06-14T15:23:30,067][WARN ][o.e.d.i.m.StringFieldMapper$TypeParser] The [string] field is deprecated, please use [text] or [keyword] instead on [intervalName]
[2017-06-14T15:23:30,067][WARN ][o.e.d.i.m.StringFieldMapper$TypeParser] The [string] field is deprecated, please use [text] or [keyword] instead on [fields]
[2017-06-14T15:23:30,067][WARN ][o.e.d.i.m.StringFieldMapper$TypeParser] The [string] field is deprecated, please use [text] or [keyword] instead on [sourceFilters]
[2017-06-14T15:23:30,068][WARN ][o.e.d.i.m.StringFieldMapper$TypeParser] The [string] field is deprecated, please use [text] or [keyword] instead on [fieldFormatMap]

I'm having a hard time identifying where these warnings are coming from, and I wasn't very successful when trying to increase the verbosity is coming from. Could anyone point me in the right direction?

For reference, I'm on version 5.1.2 currently, though I will be upgrade to 5.4~ soon.

Check your _mapping for fields that use string as the data type.

My question was more a long the lines of if there is a way to make the logging more verbose, so rather than stumbling around I can go directly to the issue. Thank you for the advice though. The one thing I haven't been able to figure out as of right now is the following error:

[WARN ][o.e.d.s.g.GroovyScriptEngineService] [groovy] scripts are deprecated, use [painless] scripts instead

Any thoughts on either?

Ahh gotcha, adding the index name would be helpful. Can you raise a feature request on github?

I think the message is pretty direct. You are using groovy scripts. Don't do that, they have been removed for 6.0. Use painless scripts. Can you suggest another way of wording that which would have made it more clear?

Yes, it would be nice if there was a more verbose setting to tell me where I'm using a groovy script. I fell in on an implementation and am scrambling to fix things left and right; it's hard to track everything down in an environment I didn't setup myself.

Yes, will do!

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.