Deprecation warnings in Elasticsearch 6.6

Hi,

could you please help me figuring out how to get rid of these deprecation warnings?

[WARN ][o.e.d.a.a.i.t.p.PutIndexTemplateRequest] [WzjI3Q1] Deprecated field [template] used, replaced by [index_patterns]
[WARN ][o.e.d.c.ParseField       ] [WzjI3Q1] Deprecated field [all_fields] used, replaced by [Set [fields] to `*` instead]
[WARN ][o.e.d.c.ParseField       ] [WzjI3Q1] Deprecated field [inline] used, expected [source] instead
[WARN ][o.e.d.c.ParseField       ] [WzjI3Q1] key [timeout] is not supported in the metadata section and will be rejected in 7.x
[WARN ][o.e.d.a.a.i.t.p.PutIndexTemplateRequest] [WzjI3Q1] Deprecated field [template] used, replaced by [index_patterns]

See https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/elasticsearch/reference/current/indices-templates.html where you have the right way to create a template.

[WARN ][o.e.d.c.ParseField       ] [WzjI3Q1] Deprecated field [all_fields] used, replaced by [Set [fields] to `*` instead]

See https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/elasticsearch/reference/6.6/mapping-all-field.html

[WARN ][o.e.d.c.ParseField       ] [WzjI3Q1] Deprecated field [inline] used, expected [source] instead

I don't know about this one. Could you share what you are doing when this is appearing?

[WARN ][o.e.d.c.ParseField       ] [WzjI3Q1] key [timeout] is not supported in the metadata section and will be rejected in 7.x

I don't know about this one. Could you share what you are doing when this is appearing?

1 Like

Hi, thanks for replying!
About the first Warning, It is not clear to me why it is happening.
I did a GET _template/* and within all templates I always see the "index_patterns" field.
The only custom template I've loaded, is formatted as follows:

PUT _template/custom
{
	"index_patterns": [ "logstash-*" ],
    "order" : 0,
	"settings": {
		"index": {
			"refresh_interval": "30s",
			"number_of_shards": 1,
			"number_of_replicas": 0
		}
	}
}

It seems correct according to the mentioned documentation.
Is there something else I'm not considering?

I believe that elasticsearch automatically fixes it, read the old format and write to the new format.
But in the future if you still send the old format it will be rejected.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.