Didn't see an official feature request for HTTPS/basic authetication

So I created one here:

Assuming it's a valid request (and I can't get this through other means
currently, I haven't seen a response indicating that I can), and if others
feel it's valid, feel free to vote on it.

It can be implemented, but you can also put a proxy infront of ES that does that.
On Tuesday, February 1, 2011 at 3:43 PM, Administrator wrote:

So I created one here:

Add HTTPS and basic authentication support to elasticsearch · Issue #664 · elastic/elasticsearch · GitHub

Assuming it’s a valid request (and I can’t get this through other means currently, I haven’t seen a response indicating that I can), and if others feel it’s valid, feel free to vote on it.

Shay,

Forgive me for asking, but I've seen this mentioned (put a proxy in front of
it) but I've seen ^nothing^ about what is involved in this.

Can you elaborate or point in the direction of documentation on how to do this? I haven't been able to find anything that elaborates on this.

Thanks in advance.

• Nick

On Feb 2, 2011, at 5:57 AM, Shay Banon shay.banon@elasticsearch.com wrote:

It can be implemented, but you can also put a proxy infront of ES that does that.

So I created one here:

Add HTTPS and basic authentication support to elasticsearch · Issue #664 · elastic/elasticsearch · GitHub

Assuming it’s a valid request (and I can’t get this through other means currently, I haven’t seen a response indicating that I can), and if others feel it’s valid, feel free to vote on it.

One example is using nginx with its https module.
On Wednesday, February 2, 2011 at 2:10 PM, administrator wrote:

Shay,

Forgive me for asking, but I've seen this mentioned (put a proxy in front of
it) but I've seen ^nothing^ about what is involved in this.

Can you elaborate or point in the direction of documentation on how to do this? I haven't been able to find anything that elaborates on this.

Thanks in advance.

• Nick

On Feb 2, 2011, at 5:57 AM, Shay Banon shay.banon@elasticsearch.com wrote:

So I created one here: