Different values for index doc's count in kibana sense?

Hi,

Guys when i had given GET _cat/indices ?v in kibana sense i am getting the doc's count for an index is like this

health status index              pri rep docs.count docs.deleted store.size pri.store.size 
green  open   content            5   1    1057134       138780      6.4gb          3.2gb 

But when i went inside the index using GET content/_search i am getting total as 333771 which is completely different . I dont know why i am getting this ?

Note: I am not getting this problem with all the indices in my ES cluster but for some i am getting this mismatch docs.count problem

Thanks

Answering my question

The docs.count that i am seeing in kibana is the count of all doc's in primaries. And the GET index/_search is counting the total doc's as per unique doc ID's

Correct me if i am wrong ..

Thanks

The doc count is summed up among all shards, including replicas. Since you have one replica per primary shard, this can inflate the doc count. Also note that there might also be a discrepancy in the case that you have nested mappings, which create implicity documents.

Thanks @jpountz[quote="jpountz, post:3, topic:91278"]
Also note that there might also be a discrepancy in the case that you have nested mappings, which create implicity documents
[/quote]

Whether this discrepancy will be in GET _cat/indices api or it will be in GET index/_search api . Because if this in the GET index/_search then we can miss the exact doc's present right?

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.