Disable exists query in Kibana 8.7

@devon.thomson That sounds good, but i'm not sure if a dashboard-level setting is enough. What if you have a single field out of 20 where you want to have the exists query?
So if you ask me, i would like to have a dashboard-level switch plus a control-level switch and have the dashboard-level switch control all control-level switches, but not the other way around. So you could first make the desicion if you mainly want it or not, and then go into the individual controls for fine tuning.

While we are at it, i would also suggest a similar dashboard-level setting for the sort type and direction, which is currently also a control level setting. (Kibana 8.7 Control Sort - #3 by Hannah_Mudge)
@Hannah_Mudge wrote

You do currently have to go to each control to set the default sort - after all, we support fields that don't support alphabetical sorting (for example, IP fields) and we have a range slider control that don't support the concept of sorting at all , so having it be a control group setting would be inconsistent and confusing.

But i think it would be great to have this as a dashboard-level setting which sets it for all controls where it is applicaple and after that you can go to the individual controls for finetuning.

But i can only appreciate that you are open to look into these desicions again! I would also appreciate an option to hide these numbers:
Another thing that fits this topic well is this feature request [Dashboard] [Controls] Field timeslider control · Issue #147460 · elastic/kibana · GitHub, which you also mentioned ([Controls] Time Picker Control Type · Issue #149846 · elastic/kibana · GitHub).
It's also about internal information that the user/analyst doesn't need to see.

So i can only talk for myself, but i want as much control as somehow possible over the information which is eventually displayed to the user.

Your link is broken:

Best regards
Jonas