Discrepancy in same data displayed from two index pattern values

Hi,

I have a two data sources from which using a custom script I'm feeding data into Elasticsearch. I create two separate indexes say namely 'netdata' and 'netdata-tps'. I want to create a multi metric job analysis which should include all metric values present in both indexes. so, I created a new index named 'netdata*'. In the create new multi metric job analysis page using 'netdata*' index, I can see all the metrics from both indexes getting displayed in 'Fields' section.

When I select the required metrics for analysis, the graph window is not displaying the actual values properly. For example, I selected two metrics one from 'netdata' and other from 'netdata-tps'. The result I get is:

Please find below the detailed analysis of the issue.

I'm taking a single metric named 'system.cpu.idle' as a reference for this analysis. The same value is getting displayed differently in 'netdata' and 'netdata*' indexes.

In the 'netdata' index, I can see the metric values displayed with 'Mean' aggregation as below:

The same value in getting displayed in the 'netdata*' index with 'Mean' aggregation as below:

But if I change the aggregation to 'Sum' from 'Mean' I can see the value is getting displayed differently for the 'netdata*' index.

Below is the graph displayed in 'netdata' index for 'Sum' aggregation:

Below is the graph displayed in 'netdata*' index for 'Sum' aggregation:

With this metric values selected, I ran a analysis job. I tried to view the same metric values in the "Single Metric Viewer' tab.

Below is the analysis result displayed in 'netdata' index.

Below is the analysis result displayed in 'netdata*' index.

As you can see from the plots, there appears to be discrepancies in how the data is plotted to the user by the system. Could anyone help me out in fixing this problem?

I'm adding the data displayed in discover page and the corresponding data that is getting displayed in the create multi metrics job page below:

temp_2

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.