Display the empty buckets in range aggregation

Hello,
I used the version 5.4 of Kibana, and in the aggregation Range the empty buckets it's not displayed.
In recent version of kibana (like 6.2.3 and also old like 5.6.3) this issues is working! after investigation to get the difference between the source code, i didn't get where is this modification!
Does anyone have any idea where the change came from?
My goal it's modified my actual version 5.4 of kibana to allow me to display empty buckets in the Range aggregation

ps: the solution to upgrade Kibana is not possible at the moment, it's why I'm looking for another solution!!

Have you tried using the histogram aggregation instead and checking "show empty buckets"?

Hi lukas,
I already tested with aggregation histogram the results return the empty buckets !!
But the display is not clear for the user to consult that it exists so many contents with the size of 0, which is not the point but as the vertical bar starts with 0 it is a false information (its value entre 0 and lower of 1MB) than a that is why I used aggregation range with interval ( 0B to 1MB) but I need to display the empty buckets if i keep use the vertical bar with aggregation range or correcte the start value of vertical bar used aggregation with histogram!

I got this answer:
Marius_DragomirElastic Team Member6d
You cannot change the way the labels are displayed there, sorry. This is why the range aggregation would work better. But since that seems buggy on 5.4 I don't really think you can do anything else other than upgrading. I can look to see if any PR is related to this issue and point you to the easiest version to update to where that range works properly.

So, i keep searching solution to modify my actual version 5.4 of kibana to allow me to display empty buckets in the Range aggregation

One way you could accomplish this would be to click on the bar from 0 to 1 (which creates a filter for just those values) and then negate the filter.

Hi lukas, I'm afraid I have not understood your solution.

Here's what I was meaning. Just create the histogram and then filter out between 0 and 1.

Thanks you @lukas, but this solution doesn't suit me to what I'm looking for, I need to keep the value between 0and 1

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.