Docker Images for ARM 32 or 64-bit (Raspberry PI, AWS)?

Elastic offers Docker images for several beats and other products. As far as I understand it, all Docker images are build for amd64 (Intel x86_64).

However, over the last couple of years ARM both 32-bit and 64-bit has become increasingly popular. One area where ARM is very popular is with single-board computer, especially Raspberry PI contributed to the popularity.

My first use case for Docker ARM images is running Heartbeat on a Raspberry PI to monitor the availability of internet facing web applications and servers.

The second area where ARM is getting a food into is the server marked. AWS announced in Nov. 2018 a new instance type based on ARM processors, those instances are available in US East (N. Virginia), US East (Ohio), US West (Oregon), and Europe (Ireland) Regions. Basically, they are available in the US and Europe.

My second use case is to run the beat family on AWS A1 ARM based instances to monitor the systems.

Are there any plans to offer Docker images for ARM 32-bit and/or ARM 64-bit computer?

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.