Does a Logstash pipeline created in Kibana automatically start in Elastic cloud?

Hi!

TL;DR How do I check the status of the Logstash pipeline in Elastic cloud?

I created a new deployment in Elastic cloud and then I created a new Logstash pipeline. However, I'm not sure how to check any information about the pipeline's status. Can't know if/what failed :man_shrugging:

I've checked this Getting Started webinar and checked other topic/blogs and they all run the Logstash locally in the terminal. However, I don't know if I can have that kind of control in Elastic cloud.

Please let me know if I'm missing something here,
Cheers!

Elastic Cloud does not host Logstash, so unless you have set up your own somewhere there is nothing to run the pipeline.

@Christian_Dahlqvist okay that makes sense. I suspected that was the thing. Is it safe to say that basically in the Management section we "inform" Kibana that we want to monitor a Logstash pipeline, which we do in the Monitoring section?

You need to configure Logstash to send monitoring data to the cluster. You can as far as I know not enable this remotely through Kibana if that is what you are looking for.

You can also, assuming you have set up your Logstash correctly, manage pipelines through Kibana.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.