Drill down on Canvas for Markdown element

Since there was no reply create a new topic.

I was looking for a drill-down option on canvas Markdown widget. I don't see an option for drill down.
Is it that I can only enable drill down by using Link or I can setup a drill down for an entire panel?

@syedsfayaz Please check out my reply on the github issue you opened: https://github.com/elastic/kibana/issues/35201#issuecomment-487701812

Thank you. Are there any plans on adding this functionality?

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

You can accomplish this by hacking the CSS - however if you do this, then you will not be able to select the element to edit it in Canvas (as clicking on the markdown element will immediately take you to the link). If you do need to edit the markdown element after implementing the hack described below, then you'll have to temporarily disable the css associated with the element by using (for example) chrome developer tools.

The hack that worked for me is the following:

filters
| demodata
| markdown 
  "# Testing the to see if this works

[link to page 2](canvas#/workpad/workpad-ad72a4e9-b422-480c-be6d-a64a0b79541d/page/2)

Bla blah blah"
| render 
  css=".canvasRenderEl a {
  position: absolute;
  top: 0;
  left: 0;
  width: 100%;
  height: 100%;
  text-indent: -9999px; // hide the link text.
  overflow: hidden; // hide the link text.
}"

After implementing the above, any click on the element will take you to the linked page. If you need to edit the element, you can temporarily disable this behaviour in Developer tools by removing the width:100% and height:100% from the element , as shown in the image below: