Easiest way to check which visualizations are unused?

Hi,

I'm trying to tidy up our Elastic Stack instance getting rid of old dashboards and visualizations that aren't used anymore.

For visualizations is there an easy way to see which visualizations aren't used on any dashboards?

Also, might be a bit of a long-shot, but is there a way to see when the last time someone looked at a particular dashboard was?

Sorry if this has already been asked but when I searched I couldn't find anything.

There is an open issue for adding more meta data to saved objects, including last viewed, to make management easier. Please comment on that issue describing your use case.

There is another open issue describing the feature you are request, https://github.com/elastic/kibana/issues/48983. Please comment on that issue as well.

I had to do the same recently. Easiest laziest solution I came up with was:

• Create a new space
  • Go into original space's saved objects
  • Copy the in use dashboards to the new space including related objects (should be on by default, as per the attached image)
  • Voilà, you kept only the relevant visualizations. Test everything in the new space. If for any reason you need to keep the original space just delete everything in the original space and then copy the dashboards back.
3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.