ECE node name or type not known

Hi All,
Configured a poc with hot warm ml master etc... but I am unable to see what type of container is it. How do I know whether the instances created are of which type like is it hot node or warm node or master or ml etc...?

discovery.zen.minimum_master_nodes: 2
node.attr.region: "unknown-region"
node.attr.availability_zone: "myzone3"
node.attr.logical_availability_zone: "zone-2"
node.attr.instance_configuration: "23e6b7e657664b009324e404998d5508"

FYI I am learning ECE

When I use default templates, it does shows me the instance configuration type as below

node.attr.region: "unknown-region"
node.attr.availability_zone: "myzone2"
node.attr.logical_availability_zone: "zone-0"
node.attr.instance_configuration: "data.highstorage"
node.attr.server_name: "instance-0000000002.25a15d61f620453485c7e0baae0055a8"

but when I created my own instance configuration matching my storage availability and my own templates its not applying the configuration name as displayed above.

Where am I going wrong, any help will be appreciated

I think if you use the UI the "name" is just that UUID (23e6b7e657664b009324e404998d5508), but the API will let you specify the id as a string

Thanks Alex for your reply. Where do I need to set this API which will be called during the deployment of a new cluster? I want to set the name of cluster, role / node name etc... right from the deployment time itself so that it becomes easier to identify and even I noticed the instances names in the UI are shown as "instance-xxxxxxx" which really doesn't gives an idea whether this is a hot or warm or ml or cold type of node.

So is there any way to setup these settings before deployment and implement them for better view post deployment? rather than making manual changes using API later

Apologies I possibly misunderstood the question ... I was just talking about the id of the instance configuration (which I believe it settable from the API) ie data.highstorage vs 23e6b7.... (same API link as I posted for the other instance config question)

I don't believe there is a mechanism for setting other useful metadata fields at the container level ... what's the use case? (Other than being handy when looking around!)

no problem Alex. The APi link you mean this one correct?

I think editing the entire API is bit complex for me . But to keep it simple, through the UI when I create instance configurations for every roles - The UI does asks me at the end to give a name and I do provide name for those instance config but why are they not getting applied internally post instance configuration is saved and deployed? Is there a bug or the backed code is still not ready to accept those UI changes regarding name? or I am making mistake somewhere

Secondly the long list of API is complex for a layman like me and I am afraid to make any API changes if I am not an expert just so that I should not miss out any important dependent config lines in it and leave such advanced activities to experts

I do provide name for those instance config but why are they not getting applied internally post instance configuration is saved and deployed?

I didn't quite understand this. What do you mean by "applied internally"?

If you create a new instance config, you then to add to a deployment template, then you can create deployments vs those templates using the new instance config.

I should not miss out any important dependent config lines in it and leave such advanced activities to experts

This is fair (fwiw I think often support help out with building the right configs, it's fairly straightforward once you've done once or twice)

I mean when we create custom instance config, I do provide instance names as it asks during the creation process. If it asks then, post the cluster is built using those instance config's then it should apply those name settings as well. So I was unable to understand why the instance config name is not getting applied post build. And why do we need to use API method post all work is completed

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.