Edit static lookup with API

I have the following problem. I have an X field in every document, but not in every document I have a Y field. I would like the information from field Y to appear in place of field X. Specifically, it is about the occurrences of documents where there is no field Y so that the field X contains this information - in each document. I'm assuming that scripting this and querying Kibana in real time would put a lot of strain on the system.

The simplest approach I see is data enrichment with static lookup. Every once in a while I do a query to ES where I retrieve the information, and then send that as a static lookup.

How do I update the static lookup using the API? I tried http://localhost:5601/api/data_views/data_view/<id from kibana links> but I see all the data view there, how to see the selected Name? I tried to add /name (where name is name of my field X) at the end but it returns 404. In addition, how to overwrite these values with API/curl in this case?

I was looking for that today and reach to your issue. Please let me know if you find the solution.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.