Elastalert2 reaalert every 5 minutes and group the number of hits

Seeking your advice and help.

Currently my Heartbeat will monitor system health for every 5 minutes. Then, it will save the data to Elasticsearch. My Elastalert2 will retrieve the date from Elasticsearch.

I have 2 system being monitored

• Application 1
  • Application 2

Below is my expectations

• monitor every 5 minutes and if it hit 6 down for group or individual of 6 hits for past 30 minutes to trigger and alert

Below is my Elastalert2 code
config.yml

run_every:
  minutes: 1
buffer_time:
  minutes: 5

rule.yml

type: "frequency"
index: "filebeat-*"
realert:
  minutes: 5
num_events: 6
timeframe:
  minutes: 30
filter:
  - term:
      monitor.status.keyword : "down"
  - terms:
      monitor.id.keyword : ["Application-1", "Application-2"]

Let's say below is the timing the Elastalert2 executed

5:00
5:05
5:10
5:15
5:20
5:25
5:30
5:35

and let's say below is the timing the Heartbeat executed

5:00
5:05
5:10
5:15
5:20
5:25
5:30
5:35

Not what it happens is that

• It is counting number of hits separately as Application-1 as 3 hits and Application-2 as 3 hits causing it to trigger alert at 5:10 rather than grouping together as Application-1 and Application-2 as 6 hits and trigger alert at 5:25

Also once it trigger alert, it wait for anotehr 6 even to trigger. I want it to count from current time to last 30 minutes do the checking and trigger allert. Example 5:25, 5:30, 5:35 as the system is still down for the past 30 minutes form current time

Elastalert is a third party component which is not supported here. I would recommend you reach out to the creators directly.

noted with thanks

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.