Elastic 5.4.0 TransportClient does not work

I cannot open a connection using the Elastic Search Transport Client to 5.4.0. It works if I use the 5.3.2 client.

I also ran out of open file handles. Maybe becuase I kept retrying the connection?

I am giving it sniff = true and cluster name in settings and also setting the IP address.

Does it work for anyone? There appears to be a fix in 5.4.1, does it work for people?

May 16, 2017 9:14:38 AM com.psddev.dari.elasticsearch.ElasticsearchDatabase doWrites
WARNING: Elasticsearch doWrites Exception [org.elasticsearch.client.transport.NoNodeAvailableException: None of the configured nodes are available: [{#transport#-1}{QZ3w96QKR9KzbWaQrfnEEQ}{localhost}{127.0.0.1:9300}]]
NoNodeAvailableException[None of the configured nodes are available: [{#transport#-1}{QZ3w96QKR9KzbWaQrfnEEQ}{localhost}{127.0.0.1:9300}]]
at org.elasticsearch.client.transport.TransportClientNodesService.ensureNodesAreAvailable(TransportClientNodesService.java:348)
at org.elasticsearch.client.transport.TransportClientNodesService.execute(TransportClientNodesService.java:246)
at org.elasticsearch.client.transport.TransportProxyClient.execute(TransportProxyClient.java:59)
at org.elasticsearch.client.transport.TransportClient.doExecute(TransportClient.java:366)
at org.elasticsearch.client.support.AbstractClient.execute(AbstractClient.java:408)
at org.elasticsearch.client.support.AbstractClient.bulk(AbstractClient.java:485)
at org.elasticsearch.action.bulk.Retry$AbstractRetryHandler.execute(Retry.java:211)
at org.elasticsearch.action.bulk.Retry$SyncRetryHandler.executeBlocking(Retry.java:235)
at org.elasticsearch.action.bulk.Retry.withSyncBackoff(Retry.java:87)

We think it fixes the issue that users ran into with 5.4.0, but it's not released yet.

Hey Bill,

I am seeing the exact same problem as you: Option "client.transport.sniff" not working with v5.4.0 Transport Client

I am experiencing the same problem in 5.4.0 and I am running the Java code on the same server as the ElasticSearch installation.
Exception in thread "main" NoNodeAvailableException[None of the configured nodes are available: [{#transport#-1}{JvkgvqM3SXqBv5mwBDUUhQ}{<myserver>}{<myserver>:9300}]]
at org.elasticsearch.client.transport.TransportClientNodesService.ensure NodesAreAvailable(TransportClientNodesService.java:348)
at org.elasticsearch.client.transport.TransportClientNodesService.execut e(TransportClientNodesService.java:246)
at org.elasticsearch.client.transport.TransportProxyClient.execute(Trans portProxyClient.java:59)
at org.elasticsearch.client.transport.TransportClient.doExecute(Transpor tClient.java:366)
at org.elasticsearch.client.support.AbstractClient.execute(AbstractClien t.java:408)
at org.elasticsearch.action.ActionRequestBuilder.execute(ActionRequestBu ilder.java:80)
at org.elasticsearch.action.ActionRequestBuilder.execute(ActionRequestBu ilder.java:54)
at org.elasticsearch.action.ActionRequestBuilder.get(ActionRequestBuilde r.java:62)
at com.cswg.enterprisesearch.bulkloader.BulkLoader.load(BulkLoader.java: 85)
at com.cswg.enterprisesearch.bulkloader.BulkLoader.main(BulkLoader.java: 289)

Check the :9300 ? replace with localhost?

Hi Guys,
I am getting this error with 5.4.1 when using a java client to connect from a remote machine.
I have tested connecting from the remote machine to port 9300 and can connect with no issues.
However the java client fails.
I had this working with 2.3 and am migrating to 5.4.1

Regards

Vinod

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.