Elastic agent install failing

When installing elastic agent on one host I am receiving the following error message:

panic: EvalSymlinks: too many links

goroutine 1 [running]:
github.com/elastic/elastic-agent/internal/pkg/agent/application/paths.retrieveExecutablePath()
        github.com/elastic/elastic-agent/internal/pkg/agent/application/paths/common.go:191 +0x51
github.com/elastic/elastic-agent/internal/pkg/agent/application/paths.initialTop()
        github.com/elastic/elastic-agent/internal/pkg/agent/application/paths/common.go:176 +0x19
github.com/elastic/elastic-agent/internal/pkg/agent/application/paths.init.0()
        github.com/elastic/elastic-agent/internal/pkg/agent/application/paths/common.go:38 +0x1d

I've been successfully using the same installation steps on 65 other hosts with this being the only one to run into that error message. It's running on a windows server 2022 OS which about 1/2 of the other hosts were also using.

This can be closed. I was able to get the install to work by extracting and running from root folder instead of through downloads folder.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.