Elastic-apm client .NET

Greetings my friends,
How do I add the elastic apm agent to the .NET application?
Thanks a lot for the help.

Kibana version: 6.4

Elasticsearch version: 6.4

APM Server version: 6.4

Hi @Paulo_de_Albuquerque, welcome to the forum and thanks for checking out Elastic APM.

You can find documentation on how to set up the agent at https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/apm/agent/dotnet/current/index.html. Have a read of that and let us know if anything is unclear.

Please be aware that you will need to upgrade your Elastic Stack to 6.5 or greater to use the .NET agent.

@Paulo_de_Albuquerque you can also take a look at .NET agent Github repo (it's open source so you are welcome to contribute and/or open issues). There are a few sample applications you can use as a template.

BTW does your application target .NET Core or full .NET Framework?

Thanks a lot.
My version is 6.4.
I will have to do upgrade for 6.5

Thank you!
my application is .NET Framework

Hi !
I received this error when I try install (Elastic.apm.all)

Could not install package 'Elastic.Apm.AspNetCore 0.0.2-alpha'. You are trying to install this package into a project that targets '.NETFramework,Version=v4.5', but the package does not contain any assembly references or content files that are compatible with that framework. For more information, contact the package author.

@ Paulo_de_Albuquerque the problem is that your application targets .NET Framework 4.5, which is a fairly old version and we don't support that.

We support Full Framework from version 4.6.1. So the only way to make it work is to update your application to target at least 4.6.1.

OK.
Thanks a lot

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.