Elastic APM not instrumenting spring cloud gateway

Hello,

We are integrating Elastic APM into our landscape, eureka gets instrumented, the custom services, even the config server gets instrumented, but not the spring cloud gateway. Anyone done this, please post your startup script.

This is my startup script: java -javaagent:/opt/elastic-apm-agent-1.1.0.jar -Delastic.apm.server_urls=http://sl01757v.ops.vdab.be:8200 -Delastic.apm.service_name=gateway -Delastic.apm.application_packages=org.springframework -Dspring.profiles.active=sand-box -jar gateway-server-1.0.0.jar

Already tried other packages to instrument, like be.vdab & both spring and vdab. As the single highest volume component we despreately need to monitor these.

Cheers,
Michael

Hi and thanks for trying out Elastic APM!

Could you upload a gist of your debug logs? See also https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/apm/agent/java/current/trouble-shooting.html

Could you try with the latest version of the agent?

Hi Felix,

Thanks for the quick reply :slight_smile:

I am using the latest agent, and indeed, I see data getting pushed to the apm-server, because I see the logs going through APM. But nothing in kibana gui, but interestingly enough also nothing from query(or the gateway) in the index. So I do my little search:

context.service.name: query

Because my service is 'query' :wink: And... nada.

So, I guess the data is not being pushed from apm to elastic.

Also, just to muddy the waters, it was working just a couple of days ago. Nothing changed in the infrastructure/configuration.

Help me!
Cheers,
Michael

But... eureka is available in kibana.

But services:

1. config server (was previously available)
  2. spring cloud gateway (never available)
  3. query service (was previously available)

Ok, stop the press, there was a redirection via the reorganization of vlans! My appologies, network error, all components are present! Again...

Working like a charm, thanks Felix :smile:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.