Elastic APM Rails not sending request data

Kibana version: 7.11.1
Elasticsearch version: 1.11.1
APM Server version: 7.10.2
APM Agent language and version: Ruby, elastic-apm @ 3.13.0
Browser version: N/A
Original install method (e.g. download page, yum, deb, from source, etc.) and version: Docker + Ruby gems

Description of the problem including expected versus actual behavior. Please include screenshots (if relevant):
If I manually track a transaction or raise, rescue and track an error, data flows to Elastic Search. Also the apm agent is sending system metrics. However, no request data is being sent to the server. If I make a request to the server, no data will be sent to elastic search. Additionally, even with the log_level set to 0, I see no information from APM in Rails' logs.

I have installed the elastic-apm gem and have tried getting it started via 2 methods. First I placed a config file at `/config/elastic_apm.yml with the following:

server_url: http://apm-server:8200
secret_token: ''
service_name: 'ruby'
log_level: 0

Second I removed that file and attempted to use a rails initializer with the following code:

if Rails.env.production? && ENV['APM_SERVER_ADDRESS']
  require 'elastic-apm'

ElasticAPM::Rails.start(server_url: ENV['APM_SERVER_ADDRESS'], log_level: 0)
end

STDOUT.puts 'Up and running?: ' + ElasticAPM.running?.to_s # This verifies that ElastiAPM started correctly

With both setups I was able to track transactions and errors from the command line, but get no data from the server.

What am I doing wrong?

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.