Elastic Maps: How to set the fill color of the point feature according to defined thresholds?

Hi,

I've built a map showing the network statistics of some clients. I want to define my own critical threshold level, or a configurable static scale so that Kibana will color it red only if it is above the given threshold or in the critical range.

Currently, Kibana (v7.2.0) does the color scaling dynamically according to the result set.
In the attached maps, you can see that the avg network time is around 400 ms at max , and the clients around 400 ms are red, but this is not a case where we have to take action, it is tolerable. If it goes above 1s, for example, it's getting critical. That's why we need a threshold, or a static range, not dynamic.

Is there a way for this? Or we have to look at other tools for this?
What are your recommendations?

Hey @Volkan_E,

I have good news and bad news for you:

You can't do this with 7.2.0, but you can if you upgrade to the latest version of 7.4! The latest version allows you to define custom color ramps, which I think is exactly what you're looking for:

Hi @Larry_Gregory

Thank you very much for your quick response. I've just been registered for product updates.
We'll do it, no problem, because we're waiting for the nested object type feature in Kibana.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.