Elastic search 2.3.2 Java Transport Client NoNodeAvailableException

I looked through this discussion group for a long time to see if anyone had posted a similar issue, and fond a few, but both the problems and the solutions for those issues differed from what I am experiencing. I posted on SO here http://stackoverflow.com/questions/37016135/elasticsearch-java-transport-client-nonodeavailableexception-on-ubuntu-14-04.

I am running Elasticsearch v. 2.3.2, using Java 7. Following is the printout from curl http://172.31.11.83:9200:

{
  "name" : "ip-172-31-11-83",
  "cluster_name" : "elasticsearch",
  "version" : {
      "number" : "2.3.2",
      "build_hash" : "b9e4a6acad4008027e4038f6abed7f7dba346f94",
      "build_timestamp" : "2016-04-21T16:03:47Z",
      "build_snapshot" : false,
      "lucene_version" : "5.5.0"
    },
  "tagline" : "You Know, for Search"
}

... and I am using the following in my Java code:

<dependency>
    <groupId>org.elasticsearch</groupId>
    <artifactId>elasticsearch</artifactId>
    <version>2.3.2</version>
</dependency>

I have ports 9200 and 9300 open in my firewall rules for my ES server, and can successfully execute said Java code from my laptop (Mac OSX). Following is the code snippet that starts off the process (this works fine):

Settings settings = Settings.settingsBuilder()
		        .put("cluster.name", "elasticsearch").build();
		esClient =TransportClient.builder().settings(settings).build().addTransportAddress(new 
				InetSocketTransportAddress(new InetSocketAddress(InetAddress.getByName("172.31.11.83"), 9300)));

Then later, I try to issue an index request (this fails when I run the code on Ubuntu 14.04:

adminClient = esClient.admin().indices();
IndicesExistsResponse response = adminClient.exists(request).actionGet();

My elasticsearch.yml file contains the following network settings:

network.bind_host: 0
network.publish_host: 172.31.11.83
transport.tcp.port: 9300
http.port: 9200

I have also tried with network.bind_host: 172.31.11.83 to no avail. Using curl, I can get to port 9200 from all machines. The cluster name reported by curl is "elasticsearch".

When I start ES, I see the following in the elasticsearch.log:

publish_address {172.31.11.83:9300}, bound_addresses {[::]:9300}

And yet, the exception I get is as follows:

NoNodeAvailableException[None of the configured nodes are available: [{#transport#-1}{172.31.11.83}{172.31.11.83:9300}]]
at org.elasticsearch.client.transport.TransportClientNodesService.ensureNodesAreAvailable(TransportClientNodesService.java:290)
at org.elasticsearch.client.transport.TransportClientNodesService.execute(TransportClientNodesService.java:207)
at org.elasticsearch.client.transport.support.TransportProxyClient.execute(TransportProxyClient.java:55)
at org.elasticsearch.client.transport.TransportClient.doExecute(TransportClient.java:283)
at org.elasticsearch.client.support.AbstractClient.execute(AbstractClient.java:347)
at org.elasticsearch.client.support.AbstractClient.execute(AbstractClient.java:336)
at org.elasticsearch.client.support.AbstractClient$IndicesAdmin.execute(AbstractClient.java:1178)
at org.elasticsearch.client.support.AbstractClient$IndicesAdmin.exists(AbstractClient.java:1198)

Again, this exact code works from my local machine. Any thoughts?

I am also getting the same error.
Please someone help on this error.

Try with
network.host: 0.0.0.0

comment both network.bind_host: 0 and network.publish_host: 172.31.11.83

I am also getting the same error. I've done all the same checks as mephicide above and I'm getting the same error. I am running version 2.3.1 on both the VM where ElasticSearch is installed and in the java elasticsearch core library.

@danbornman

1. In elasticsearch.yml add the below properties

cluster.name: production
node.name: node1
network.bind_host: 10.0.1.22
network.host: 0.0.0.0
transport.tcp.port: 9300

1. Add the following in Java Elastic API for Bulk Push (just a snippet code)

For IP Address add public ip address of elastic search machine

Client client;
BulkRequestBuilder requestBuilder;
try {
client = TransportClient.builder().settings(Settings.builder().put("cluster.name", "production").put("node.name","node1")).build().addTransportAddress(
new InetSocketTransportAddress(InetAddress.getByName(""), 9300));
requestBuilder = (client).prepareBulk();
} catch (Exception e) {
}

Open the Firewall ports for 9200,9300

Thanks
Anantha