Elastic search for time series

Hi All,

I am new to Nosql and Elastic Search world.

I am evaluating Database for keeping 5 years of time series data for multiple clients, the data changes from client to client that’s why I am looking for NoSql Database like Elastic Search.

The data is mostly float numbers and we will be crushing numbers quite a lot to get the reporting. We keep data day by day and We need to crunch data of 2 years in a single go.

We have tried using CosmosDB from Microsoft and there are limitations on how much we can do with it and there is no proper aggregation in the Cosmos. I have read about Elastic Search would love to know in detail how the sql query does aggregations perform ?
Is the index performance if we add a new column in the document for a year or two, does it affect the performance while the index is being created in the background ?

I also read about approximations that’s done across shard, the reports generated will require exact values, not approximates, does it causes a significant difference if I turn off approximation (somehow) ?

Thanks in Advance

That is a very broad question, which will be difficult to answer.

Have you looked at the following resources?

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.