Elastic to logs management

Hey, guys!
I'm new to using elastic
What is the best way to build this structure? and what features should i use?

at the moment I will only use the stack to centralize the logs

Hi @Flavio_Alves Welcome to the community!

That is a really broad and general question.

People use the elastic stack to monitor a single application with a few logs a day. Other people use it to collect logs from thousands of hosts across many different logs types which results in hundreds of terabytes of data.

What I would suggest is take a look at this

And then come back and give us some further detail on what you're trying to accomplish.

What kind of logs do you want to collect?

Are you running an elastic cloud or self-managed?

If you're just getting started, you'd probably use elastic agent

But there are other methods as well. You should probably read about those.

In general, if you're just getting started, I would use a lot of the defaults and not try to overarchitect over configure change a lot of settings. There's a lot of customization you can do... But if you are just beginning your journey...elastic stack will work pretty good out of the box with many of the default configurations.

Perhaps consider a little of that and then come back and give us a little bit more details and someone might be able to give you some more advice.

Thanks for the answer @stephenb, I will explain my intention.

The stack is self-management, I'm running on Docker.

I'm going to collect logs from different servers, that compose banking system. I thought at first to use filebeat just to collect logs. I have a linux and windows servers, with a docker or kubernets on them.

I going to read the recomended document.

Thank you for the help

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.