Elasticsearch 2.0 + Kibana 3 issue

Hi All,
we have upgrade our environment from Elasticsearch 1.6.0 to Elasticsearch 2.0 and the indexing works fine but our dashboard present on Kibana 3.0 fails to retrieve the data from indexes and we received this error:

F
Caused by: SearchParseException[failed to parse search source. unknown search element [facets]]
at org.elasticsearch.search.SearchService.parseSource(SearchService.java:841)
at org.elasticsearch.search.SearchService.createContext(SearchService.java:663)
at org.elasticsearch.search.SearchService.createAndPutContext(SearchService.java:632)
at org.elasticsearch.search.SearchService.executeQueryPhase(SearchService.java:374)
at org.elasticsearch.search.action.SearchServiceTransportAction$SearchQueryTransportHandler.messageReceived(SearchServiceTransportAction.java:368)
at org.elasticsearch.search.action.SearchServiceTransportAction$SearchQueryTransportHandler.messageReceived(SearchServiceTransportAction.java:365)
at org.elasticsearch.transport.netty.MessageChannelHandler$RequestHandler.doRun(MessageChannelHandler.java:299)
at org.elasticsearch.common.util.concurrent.AbstractRunnable.run(AbstractRunnable.java:37)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Could you help to identify the issue?

Thanks,
Marcello

ES 2.0 dropped support for facets so Kibana 3 won't work. I don't think there's a workaround.

No work around.

KB3 reach EOL recently and will not work with ES 2.0.

What a pitty. Not ready yet for Kibana 4 (too many things missing from Kibana 3) => can't move yet to ES 2 :frowning:

If that is the case I think the support matrix needs to be updated. It still says 3.1.x supports Elasticsearch 0.90.9 and greater.

https://www.elastic.co/support/matrix

Thanks for pointing that out, I have chased it up internally.