Elasticsearch 5.x Kibana

somehow can't access the Elasticsearch 5.X with Kibana or Cerebro. There is an Authentification error message in different forms:

Kibana:
You are not authorized to access Monitoring. To use Monitoring, you need the privileges granted by both the kibana_user and monitoring_user roles.

Cerebro:

[error] p.c.s.n.PlayDefaultUpstreamHandler - Cannot invoke the action
play.api.libs.json.JsResultException: JsResultException(errors:List((,List(ValidationError(List('routing_table' is undefined on object: {"error":{"root_cause":[{"type":"security_exception","reason":"missing
authentication token for REST request [/_cluster/state/master_node,routing_table,routing_nodes,blocks]","header":{"WWW-Authenticate":"Basic realm="security" charset="UTF-8""}}],"type":"security_excepti
on","reason":"missing authentication token for REST request [/_cluster/state/master_node,routing_table,routing_nodes,blocks]","header":{"WWW-Authenticate":"Basic realm="security" charset="UTF-8""}},"status":401}),WrappedArray())))))

What might be the issue?

Best Regards

Do you have the x-pack plugin installed in both Elasticsearch and Kibana?

What does Kibana log when it starts up? Any Authentication Exceptions in the log?

What user are you logging in to Kibana with? You should be able to log in as the default superuser elastic with password changeme unless you've already changed that.

Regards,
Lee

1 Like

Yes, x-pack is installed on both ES 5.2 and Kibana 5.1.2. I was using kibana instead of elastic. Now it is working. But why do I get the following exception in Cerebro?

Cerebro configuration looks like this:

Sorry, I have no idea what Cerebro is.

The only thing I can think of trying is adding the authentication to the host URL like;

host = "http://elastic:changeme@localhost:9200"

Other than that, you could ask in the x-pack channel. It's more of an Elasticsearch security plugin issue than Kibana.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.