ElasticSearch 6.3.2 Could not create JVM when start

I have just installed elastic search 6.3.2 on my win 10 pc from msi package. But when I tried to start the elasticsearch.exe in the command line, I was promted some issues related to JVM version.

The error messages are:

Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM warning: Option UseConcMarkSweepGC was deprecated in version 9.0 and will likely be removed in a future release.
Invalid -Xlog option '-Xlog:gc*,gc+age=trace,safepoint:file=logs/gc.log:utctime,pid,tags:filecount=32,filesize=64m'
[0.003sError: Could not create the Java Virtual Machine.
]Error: A fatal exception has occurred. Program will exit.

[error][logging                  ] [] Error opening log file 'logs/gc.log': No such file or directory

I found there is a similar issue: Setting up elasticsearch 6.0.1

But it is said that elastic 6.0+ could support java 10. (https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/elasticsearch/reference/current/setup.html )

Also I have tried to download the zip installation package. When run the elasticsearch.bat, I also got the deprecated warning message, but the engine is started successfully.

D:\Software\elasticsearch-6.3.2\bin>elasticsearch.bat
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM warning: Option UseConcMarkSweepGC was deprecated in version 9.0 and will likely be removed in a future release.
[2018-08-17T16:55:29,761][INFO ][o.e.n.Node               ] [ZHUZIXIAO-IBM] initializing ...
[2018-08-17T16:55:29,828][INFO ][o.e.e.NodeEnvironment    ] [ZHUZIXIAO-IBM] using [1] data paths, mounts [[Windows (C:)]], net usable_space [8.2gb], net total_space [80gb], types [NTFS]
[2018-08-17T16:55:29,829][INFO ][o.e.e.NodeEnvironment    ] [ZHUZIXIAO-IBM] heap size [1.9gb], compressed ordinary object pointers [true]

It seems a little awkard to me. Could anyone please help me with this problem?

Thanks very much!

=======

Update:

ElasticSearch can run properly after I installed java 8u181. So is it still a version incompatible issue?

1 Like

That should work between the JVM + Elasticsearch versions - https://www.elastic.co/support/matrix#matrix_jvm

But we don't explicitly support Windows 10 sorry to say.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.