Elasticsearch 7.10 | XPACK enabled | Does not start after machine reboot

Hello,

I enabled X-Pack with this command
elasticsearch-setup-passwords auto

I had to stop ES and restart the host machine.

I'm trying to start Elasticsearch after the machine boot. ES doesn't start and has the below exception in the log.

[2021-01-28T11:05:05,675][INFO ][o.e.g.GatewayService     ] [******-] recovered [23] indices into cluster_state
[2021-01-28T11:05:06,638][ERROR][o.e.x.s.a.e.ReservedRealm] [******-] failed to retrieve password hash for reserved user [elastic]
org.elasticsearch.action.UnavailableShardsException: at least one primary shard for the index [.security-7] is unavailable
[2021-01-28T11:05:06,901][INFO ][o.e.x.s.a.AuthenticationService] [EC2AMAZ-36TT67T] Authentication of [elastic] was terminated by realm [reserved] - failed to authenticate user [elastic]

I know the password for the user "elastic" but not sure where to configure it.
Could anyone please help me with the step I'm missing?

Thanks,

ES doesn't start and has the below exception in the log.

Are you sure it doesn't start?

If you're getting that exception, then Elasticsearch must be running.
Alternatively, if it's really not starting, then there must be a different problem that's stopping it from starting and we'll need to track down what that is.

This implies that your cluster has lost a required index.
What can you tell us about your cluster? How many nodes does it have? What is the topology?

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.