Elasticsearch:8.5.2 docker "access denied (\"java.lang.RuntimePermission\" \"modifyThread\")"

{"@timestamp":"2022-12-03T09:13:59.279Z", "log.level":"ERROR", "message":"uncaught exception in thread [process reaper (pid 117)]", "ecs.version": "1.2.0","service.name":"ES_ECS","event.dataset":"elasticsearch.server","process.thread.name":"process reaper (pid 117)","log.logger":"org.elasticsearch.bootstrap.ElasticsearchUncaughtExceptionHandler","elasticsearch.node.name":"elasticsearch-master-0","error.type":"java.security.AccessControlException","error.message":"access denied ("java.lang.RuntimePermission" "modifyThread")","error.stack_trace":"java.security.AccessControlException: access denied ("java.lang.RuntimePermission" "modifyThread")\n\tat java.base/java.security.AccessControlContext.checkPermission(AccessControlContext.java:485)\n\tat java.base/java.security.AccessController.checkPermission(AccessController.java:1068)\n\tat java.base/java.lang.SecurityManager.checkPermission(SecurityManager.java:411)\n\tat org.elasticsearch.securesm@8.5.2/org.elasticsearch.secure_sm.SecureSM.checkThreadAccess(SecureSM.java:166)\n\tat org.elasticsearch.securesm@8.5.2/org.elasticsearch.secure_sm.SecureSM.checkAccess(SecureSM.java:120)\n\tat java.base/java.lang.Thread.checkAccess(Thread.java:2360)\n\tat java.base/java.lang.Thread.setDaemon(Thread.java:2308)\n\tat java.base/java.lang.ProcessHandleImpl.lambda$static$0(ProcessHandleImpl.java:103)\n\tat java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:637)\n\tat java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.addWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:928)\n\tat java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.processWorkerExit(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1021)\n\tat java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1158)\n\tat java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:642)\n\tat java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:1589)\n\tat java.base/jdk.internal.misc.InnocuousThread.run(InnocuousThread.java:186)\n"}

This is just log noise, fixed by https://github.com/elastic/elasticsearch/pull/91704 in 8.5.3. Please upgrade.

manifest for elasticsearch:8.5.3 not found: manifest unknown: manifest unknown

how do you download 8.5.3?

my cluster is stuck as I try to upgrade it to 8.5.2 and won't start with this error

Apologies, my message was unclear. 8.5.3 is not yet released, but when it is you should upgrade. Until then, this is just log noise and you can ignore it.

won't start with this error

Look for other messages that explain why the node isn't starting.

ohhh ok. I thought this is the error. still can't figure out why it won't start. let me check other places

No other error except Elasticsearch docker container 8.5.2 startup ERROR: Elasticsearch did not exit normally

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.