8.5.2 won't start

I have try to upgrade one of the cluster to 8.5.2 and it won't start
I found this which is exact error I am getting. this is not on docker though. running on centos8.x

https://github.com/elastic/elasticsearch/pull/91704

is this means I am stuck until I Elastic release 8.5.4 ?

is there any workaround to bring this cluster backup.

[2022-12-06T07:07:37,718][WARN ][stderr                   ] [elkd01] The system environment variables are not available to Log4j due to security restrictions: java.security.AccessControlException: access denied ("java.lang.RuntimePermission" "getenv.*")The system environment variables are not available to Log4j due to security restrictions: java.security.AccessControlException: access denied ("java.lang.RuntimePermission" "getenv.*")
[2022-12-06T07:07:37,790][WARN ][stderr                   ] [elkd01] java.security.AccessControlException: access denied ("java.lang.RuntimePermission" "getenv.*")
[2022-12-06T07:07:37,718][WARN ][stderr                   ] [elkd01] The system environment variables are not available to Log4j due to security restrictions: java.security.AccessControlException: access denied ("java.lang.RuntimePermission" "getenv.*")
[2022-12-06T07:07:37,716][ERROR][o.e.b.ElasticsearchUncaughtExceptionHandler] [elkd01] uncaught exception in thread [process reaper (pid 3599)]
[2022-12-06T07:28:41,294][ERROR][o.e.b.ElasticsearchUncaughtExceptionHandler] [elkd01] uncaught exception in thread [process reaper (pid 3905)]
java.security.AccessControlException: access denied ("java.lang.RuntimePermission" "modifyThread")

security part is same as it was working in 7.17.1

xpack.security.enabled: true
xpack.security.transport.ssl.enabled: true
xpack.security.transport.ssl.verification_mode: certificate
xpack.security.transport.ssl.keystore.path: /etc/elasticsearch/config/elastic-certificates.p12
xpack.security.transport.ssl.truststore.path: /etc/elasticsearch/config/elastic-certificates.p12

Finally after many hour fix this.
this thread help me
https://discuss.elastic.co/t/update-errors-to-version-8-3-1/308808

added
NotifyAccess=all in to [service] section in file "/etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/elasticsearch.service"

[Service]
Type=notify
NotifyAccess=all
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.