ElasticSearch Cluster 5.1.1 is slow and timeout

Hi,

I installed two-node ES 5.1.1 cluster, use Java client to create index, update its mapping and indexing sample data. From time to time, I got timeout exception for "create-index" action, if try it again, it could either work or not. Please advise what could be the issue with my cluster? Is there anyway to change the config for 30s timeout? Thanks!

org.elasticsearch.cluster.metadata.ProcessClusterEventTimeoutException: failed to process cluster event (create-index [pwindex], cause [api]) within 30s
at org.elasticsearch.cluster.service.ClusterService.lambda$null$4(ClusterService.java:449) ~[elasticsearch-5.1.1.jar:5.1.1] at org.elasticsearch.common.util.concurrent.ThreadContext$ContextPreservingRunnable.run(ThreadContext.java:458) ~[elasticsearch-5.1.1.jar:5.1.1]
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142) ~[na:1.8.0_112]
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617) ~[na:1.8.0_112]
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745) ~[na:1.8.0_112]

I also use the remote reindex to migrate indexed data from ES 1.4.4 to 5.1.1. From time to time, got similar exceptions for the action "put-mapping". Any solution or suggestion to it? The index has 6M docs, each doc has a different doc type, but, all docs have the same field mappings (8 fields)

org.elasticsearch.cluster.metadata.ProcessClusterEventTimeoutException: failed to process cluster event (put-mapping) within 30s
at org.elasticsearch.cluster.service.ClusterService.lambda$null$4(ClusterService.java:449) ~[elasticsearch-5.1.1.jar:5.1.1]
at org.elasticsearch.common.util.concurrent.ThreadContext$ContextPreservingRunnable.run(ThreadContext.java:458) [elasticsearch-5.1.1.jar:5.1.1]
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142) [?:1.8.0_66]
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617) [?:1.8.0_66]
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745) [?:1.8.0_66]

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.