Elasticsearch cluster did not repsond with liscense info + Kibana server is not ready yet

Hi All,
Good morning.
I am trying out elasticsearch and kibana
Installed it and edited the “elasticsearch.yml “ to enable accessing the elasticserver from other machines. Following are the changes I have done in “ elasticsearch.yml”

cat /etc/elasticsearch/elasticsearch.yml | grep host
network.host: 192.168.3.191
discovery.seed_hosts: ["host1", "host2"]

Now when I start the kibana services, I am getting messages in the log as
{"type":"log","@timestamp":"2019-10-29T04:50:17Z","tags":["status","plugin:cross_cluster_replication@7.4.1","error"],"pid":6007,"state":"red","message":"Status changed from yellow to red - [data] Elasticsearch cluster did not respond with license information.","prevState":"yellow","prevMsg":"Waiting for Elasticsearch"}

And my Kibana when accessed shows that “Kibana server is not ready yet”

Is this message of kibana related to the changes I make for “elasticsearch.yml” to allow other hosts to communicate with elastic IP address

As for trouble shooting I have also deleted all the indexing of the elasticsearch by doing
curl -XDELETE http://192.168.3.191:9200/*
and then restart the kibana it still shows the message “Kibana server is not ready yet”

Like to know if there is any relation between my changes in elasticsearch.yml and this behavior

The version and other details are

Kibana version:
Elasticsearch version:
APM Server version:
NA
**filebeat version **
NA
APM Agent language and version:
NA
Browser version:
Firefox 70
Original install method (e.g. download page, yum, deb, from source, etc.) and version:
apt
Fresh install or upgraded from other version?
Fresh
Is there anything special in your setup? For example, are you using the Logstash or Kafka outputs? Are you using a load balancer in front of the APM Servers? Have you changed index pattern, generated custom templates, changed agent configuration etc.
No

thanks
Joseph John

You may also want to post in the ElasticSearch forum. My suspicion is that Kibana isn't configured to point to that server, or that the network configuration isn't quite right. Can you do CURLs from the Kibana server to the ElasticSearch server? And have you updated kibana.yml to point to ElasticSearch?

1 Like

Thanks Chris,
like to give my feedback, the elasticsearch.yml had cluster entry of hosts which was not there, I cleaned the elasticsearch.yml and it worked fine
thanks
Joseph John

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.