Elasticsearch cluster on the same physical machine

Hi there.

I'm opening this topic to get some advice from your side since I'm designing a ELK platform having some constraints.
In particular, we will have to stick using a single machine with 32 or 64 GB of RAM.
The architecture will be based on Docker containers.

Here are some questions I would like to ask:

1. On a single machine, there is some advantage configuring multiple Elasticsearch nodes? From my understanding reading forum topics, the answer is no;
  2. On our testing machine, which has 16 GB of RAM, using a single Elasticsearch node we are starting to get GatewayTimeouts accessing dashboards from Kibana; we are currently working with tens of millions of records per day. Is this issue mostly related to RAM constraints?
  3. Is it considered safe to run Logstash on the same machine where Elasticsearch is running? Our approach - since we are going to use Docker containers - would be to restrict the amount of RAM and CPU available to Logstash.

Thank you

Hello, keep an eye on Single node cluster in production, any suggestion? too, I think we have some points in common.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.